Antonio (Tony) Barletta
Antonio (Tony) Barletta has 35+ years in the energy and chemical industries and is a results-driven professional with successful experience managing large capital global projects in upstream, downstream, & chemicals. He has proven ability to direct upfront execution planning, optimization, engineering design, and execution for both Green and Brownfield projects from inception through commissioning.
Tony was recently VP and General Project Director at HPCL-Mittal Energy Limited – HMEL in Bathinda India where he was the General Project Director for the $3.5B GGSPAP Dual Feed Cracker Project with downstream Polymer units. This Project achieved Mechanical completion in May 2022 with over 200M man-hours and a Tier1 safety record.
Tony held many Project Management roles at ExxonMobil during his 28-year career including:
- Project Manager, Execution – he led Stage 2 execution planning efforts for multiple large capital growth ventures on the Gulf Coast & Singapore focused on enabling works, modularization studies, constructability reviews, cost and schedule development, organizational planning and developing contracting strategies that supported project work break down structure.
- Project Manager, Execution – Saudi Elastomers Project where he led the overall FEED execution planning for the Saudi Elastomers Project, a joint-venture between ExxonMobil and SABIC. As HB Project Manager he successfully drove construction and system turnover to mechanical completion targets achieving a world class safety record of zero LTIs and a TRIR of 0.03.
- Project Management Advisor in Singapore – responsible for functional guidance of regional Project Managers with oversight of AP projects in Singapore, Japan and Malaysia.
- Area Construction Manager on the Singapore Elastomers Project (SEP) overseeing construction and commissioning of the Utilities unit.
- Engineering and Turnover Manager Beaumont Cogeneration Power Project – managed cross-functional teams dedicated to design, procurement, construction and TO planning.
- Upstream Project PM and Business Manager in Nigeria leading multiple major pipeline and wellhead platform revamp projects.
Tony filled other SME roles in Materials Engineering at ExxonMobil and earlier in his career, at Caltex Oil.
Tony received his BSc, MSc, Chartered Engineer (CEng) from the University of Cape Town in South Africa. He is based in Portugal.