David M. Ghormley is a qualified safety professional with extensive experience in petrochemical plant, pipeline, compressor stations and terminal expansion construction. Additionally, David is very experienced in municipal and industrial firefighting, with a strong emphasis on hazardous materials/dangerous goods emergency response. He held various supervisory/managerial positions in safety, security, logistics, transportation safety, emergency response and the public fire sector.
David was also a Safety Manager (contracted) to Buckeye Partners where he had responsibilities including management of field safety technicians in addition to overall safety oversight of 800+ contractors in the construction of a crude storage and VLCC marine terminal.
Previously, David filled the role of Safety Consultant at F.I.R.S.T. in Deer Park, Texas. There, he had safety oversight for 500+ contractors at a terminal expansion and a plant project for a major O&G company. Pipeline, storage tanks, plant process equipment and manifold construction.
David also held the following positions:
- Safety Consultant at Kairos Consultant Group Inc. in Longview, Texas
- Oversaw activities pertaining to construction and operations in a gas compressor facility
- Provided safety, procedural and policy oversight, as a safety consultant to a midstream gas client
- Operations Manager at Advanced Safety Resources in Pasadena, Texas
- Managed all aspects of staff recruitment, hiring and retention
- Training record management
- General office duties required in order to collect safety documentation required in contractual scope of work.
- Senior Safety Inspector at Applied Consultants Inc. in Longview, Texas
- Oversaw safety methodologies, practices, policies and procedures to ensure OSHA compliance
- Provided safety oversight to a third-party contractor at two (2) LNG plant construction sites through “Phase 1” completion
- Assisted with selecting firefighting equipment and the development and implementation of an Emergency Response Plan
- Global Emergency Response Manager and other positions at Rohm and Haas Company (retiring in 2009 after 23 years with the company)
- District Chief at Pasadena Fire Department
David’s Education and Certifications include:
- Graduated Texas A&M Extension School for Arson Investigation
- Graduated Texas A&M Extension School for Texas Peace Officers
- Graduate of the Zero Injury Institute
- Completed certification courses regarding emergency response
- NIMS 100,200,700,800
- HASC Basic Plus 02/2022
- NCCER 14.5, 32.00, 39.00, 09/2014
- Trenching and Excavation Safety for Construction 09/2014
- OSHA 10 Certification 06/2020
- OSHA 30 Certification 02/2022