David K. Dartez
Dave recently retired from ExxonMobil, with more than 36 years of petrochemical experience. He has over 20 years of experience in refining & chemicals operations in various positions including operations, technical, and maintenance supervision and management. He also spent the past 16 years in Human Resources leadership positions, including eight years as the Senior Labor Relations Advisor for the Baton Rouge, Louisiana Area, with a workforce consisting of more than 6,000 employees and contractors.
Dave’s passion has been to integrate and balance Company business objectives with people priorities, in both represented, and non-represented employee and contract workforces, as well as with community partners’ priorities and initiatives. Dave has established competencies in workforce development, labor strategy development and execution, contract negotiations, administration, and management, community engagement and outreach, and change management.
Throughout his career, Dave has been active as a leader, mentor, and volunteer for civic and community outreach programs, in workforce development and community-based organizations, including:
- Advisory board for North Baton Rouge Industrial Training Initiative, a skills development-based collaborative with the Baton Rouge Community College and local industrial partners.
- Advisory board for East Baton Rouge Schools, Career and Technical Education Center (CTEC), skills training and education for high school students.
- Advisory member for Baton Rouge Area Chamber of Commerce, Committee on Inclusion & Diversity.
- Advisory board member for the ExxonMobil YMCA in Baton Rouge.
- Board of Directors and recording secretary for the Alpha Enrichment Foundation, Beta Iota Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Board member for EFCU Financial Credit Union.
Dave graduated from Southern University and A&M College, with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and is a life member of the Southern University Alumni Federation.