Greg Weber has 40 years of experience with Chevron, Valero, BP and Shell including petroleum refining and E&P. A recent Pilko client hired Greg for a year on a direct full-time basis to manage operations of their recently acquired refinery. He has manufacturing expertise and leadership experience in process plant operations, plant design, maintenance, reliability, turnarounds, construction, organization design, health, safety & environmental management and business processes. Greg provided leadership on several mega turnarounds / capital upgrades including BP Whiting’s Modernization. As a professional consultant, he has advised clients around the globe from majors such as Aramco to single site facilities such as Oman LNG. He led a performance / compliance and mechanical integrity project for a major ethylene manufacturer to address organizational and technical gaps which had resulted in two major incidents. That facility moved from last place to first place in the owner’s fleet in just three years. It received an “Industry Best Practice” designation from the API’s Advancing Process Safety Assessment for its newly implemented Mechanical Integrity program. The results of this effort were applied to an upcoming turnaround scoping assessment which appropriately addressed high risk equipment while eliminating $20M in low risk effort. Daily responsibilities throughout his career included, improving personnel and process safety, developing and providing leadership for a team culture, developing and meeting operating cost challenges, major capital project operations planning and inspiring teams to work injury and incident free.
Highlights of Greg’s experience include:
- Refinery Operations Manager for Island Energy Services’ acquired facilities in Oahu
- Reliability Maintenance & Turnaround director for Shell Global Downstream responsible forfacilities totaling 1,000,000 bpd
- Site TA Manager for BP Whiting during the US$10B+ upgrade
- Site Maintenance, TA & Reliability Director for Valero’s 160k bpd McKee
- TA Manager, Reliability & Engineering Manager & Maintenance Manager for Chevron’s 300kbpd flagship Pascagoula MS
- HSSE Manager for Chevron’s Salt Lake City, UT
- Gubernatorial appointment to the State Boiler & Pressure Vessel Committee. VotedChairman by the entire Board
- Registered Professional Engineer
- API 580 Risk-based Inspection certification
BS Engineering (High Honors) with 40 years of refinery management experience in the areas of:
- Shell Global Systems – Downstream: Director Reliability / Maintenance / Turnarounds
- Three refineries w/ 1,000,000 bpd combined capacity
- Valero – Director: Site Maintenance, Reliability & TA Mechanical Integrity & Reliability
- One refinery – 160,000 bpd
- Director Maintenance
- Manager Reliability & Engineering & Projects
- TA Manager
- One refinery – 325,000 bpd
- BP – Director Site TA; one refinery 400,000 bpd
- Business Process and Performance consulting and advisory
- Consulting clients: Aramco (large vertically integrated), single facility (standalone) organizations and everything in between. Across four continents, dozens of countries.
- Design & Implement Reliability, Mechanical Integrity and Mtce / TA practices for several multi-national petro-chem clients.
- Experience with refining performance Solomon benchmarking – data collection, analysis and business improvement plans
- Reliability Modeling of $7,000,000,000 grass-roots gasification complex.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic turnaround plans.
- Deep expertise in developing and implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM). This includes experience in developing maintenance plans such as PdM (Predictive Maintenance), PM (Preventive Maintenance), critical spare parts using tools such as criticality assessments and FMEA (Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Deep expertise in implementing a RBI (Risk Based Inspection) program per API RP 580/581.
- Experience in establishing IOW (Integrity Operating Window) per API RP 584.
- API 580 Certified.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Former Chairman of state Boiler & Pressure Vessel Committee (governmental appointment)