Jerry Forest joins Pilko with 40 years’ manufacturing and process safety leader experience. Jerry was previously Senior Director, Process Safety at Celanese in Dallas, Texas where he:
- Maintained global duties covering Americas, Europe, and Asia. Guided company to achieve 90% reduction in process safety events over 13-year period via data-driven strategic planning focusing on process safety culture development, conduct of operations (operational discipline and operational readiness [a/k/a “Walk the Line”]), learning from experience, and HIRA improvement.
- Drove development of risk-based management system audits, hazardous chemical assessment program, peer-to-peer assessments for manufacturing leaders, deep-dive scenario audits, severe weather and natural disaster assessments, and third-party terminal and tolling audits.
- Oversaw all aspects of process safety, including corporate process safety engineers, process safety management system, preparing organization for changes in global regulations, various corporate and regulatory audits, site technical support, process safety training, and process safety and loss prevention ESG and sustainability metrics.
Mr. Forest also served as Global Process Safety Manager and HSE Manager Global Engineering and Support at LyondellBasell. There he maintained global duties covering Americas, Europe, and Asia. Led corporate process safety while maintaining responsibility as global EHS manager for major capital projects. Integrated process safety management systems of Lyondell and Basell, working with cross-functional teams to identify areas of alignment and divergence, and drafted plans to integrate systems. Reviewed process safety procedures and identified best practices from each company to create a new, unified process safety management system.
Prior to that, he filled many roles at Lyondell including Process Safety and Operational Excellence Manager; Standards and PSM Audit Manager/ Operations, Technical and Reliability Manager at Lyondell and Arco; and Production Superintendent, Process and Production Engineering at Arco and Olin.
Jerry’s key skills include:
- Data Driven Strategic Plans | Conduct of Operations
- Intentional Competency Development
- Regulatory Compliance | Risk-Based Process Safety
- Management Systems and Assessment
Mr. Forest currently serves as the Owner, Principal and Process Safety Improvement Consultant at Jerry Forest, LLC, a company dedicated to supporting clients in their pursuit of reducing process safety incidents by leveraging Mr. Forest’s manufacturing experience, process safety expertise, and personalized guidance.
Mr. Forest earned his bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and M.B.A. at LSU, as well as a master’s degree in pastoral studies from Loyola. Additionally, he is a Certified Process Safety Professional and emeritus through the CCPS, and an AIChE fellow.