Krishnadatt Rudy Bhola
Krishnadatt Rudy Bhola has 33 years’ experience in petrochemical manufacturing with DuPont, Invista and Dow Chemicals where he held engineering, maintenance and operations technical and leadership positions at sites in Canada and USA. Since retiring from Dow Chemicals in 2021, Rudy worked with leaders at a Canadian smelter to reduce the risk of fatalities.
Rudy is a trusted people leader who delivered transformative changes in manufacturing operations, workplace safety, process safety management, reliability, quality, and fixed cost. Rudy enjoys working with organizations to understand their problems and support them to answer the tough questions to develop solutions that addresses root cause and an effective change management plan that includes communicating a compelling vision of the future state, empowering people, role modelling right behavior, coaching, providing feedback, and celebrating successes that improve business bottom line and sustain gains.
Some of Rudy’s achievements include:
- Trained and coached site leaders at a smelter to positively engage workers in the field, change behaviors and foster an interdependent safety culture.
- Led chemical plant site through a merger and separation of parent companies while safely executing production schedule on time with zero recordable injuries.
- Communicated a vision for reliable operations at a chemical plant that was not meeting business goals and implemented an execution plan developed by the team resulting in improved morale as evidence by a reduction in casual absence from 8% to 3%, incidents and injuries reduced by 50%, customer complaints reduced by 50% and fixed cost reduced by 10%.
- Implemented Maintenance & Reliability program and tools at sold out chemical plants globally to increase production capacity without spending capital resulting in significant increase in pre-tax operating income.
- Transformed automotive paint production from large-batch production to small, just-in-time batches by implementing Lean Six Sigma principles and tools avoiding the threat of plant closure.
Rudy has a Masters in Chemical Engineering, a Masters in Business Administration and is a Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional, Certified Supply Chain Professional and certified ISO9001:2015 auditor, and certified six sigma green belt.