Martin R. Champagne, PE joins Pilko & Associates with 34+ years in the energy and chemical industries. Martin held most recently the following positions at Motiva Enterprises LLC:
Corporate General Manager – Chemicals: Polyolefin Projects – Spearheaded the mega ethylene polyolefins derivative projects
*Initiated concept FEL0 through FEED FEL 3 stage gate approval process with benchmarks evaluated, demonstrating best-in-class front-end loading results.
- Obtained top global competitive Cost-Effective Index (CEI) and schedule index benchmarking
- Evolved competitive strategies into project teams which included global EPC technologies, global EPC contracts and procurement, global engineering, and United States Gulf Coast construction to evolve the chemicals phased growth.
Corporate General Manager – Chemical Projects – started the new mega project strategies for capital chemical growth.
- Created initial corporate major project organization for mega chemical projects >$10B (Paraxylene-BTX aromatics, Ethylene cracker with derivatives)
- Integrated strategy venture opportunities into stage gate process FEL0-1, worked with technology, contracts and procurement, driving overall opportunities via BOD decision review board for initial approval.
Corporate Director – Capital Projects – Lead overall capital projects which included: Port Arthur, TX
(635MBPD); Convent, LA (240 MBPD); Norco, LA (250 MBPD & chemicals); terminals
- Improved the overall project delivery efficiency cost index from 1.4 to 1.05 resulted in savings ($500MM), including scheduling with successful operations from concept front-end capital portfolio business planning to best-in-class delivery, eliminating 30+ % wasted capital spent prior.
- Delivered new benchmarking corporate tank program to optimize capital cost and schedule, overhauling global competitiveness in terminals / distribution nationally and refinery sites.
Project Program Director – Managed project Louisiana refinery integration of $1.5B to integrate Convent and Norco refineries into one of the largest in the US.
Prior to Motiva, Martin was Corporate Manager at Nustar Refining, LLC – Directed overall capital corporate projects in Paulsboro, NJ (85 MBPD) and Savannah, GA (40 MBPD) refineries and terminals.
- Leveraged team to create and implement specific project execution strategies in project process, contracts, and front-end development, providing competitive execution.
- Guided project teams to design and construct small and major capital and maintenance projects, including facilitating Front End Loading (FEL) program, standardization, and 5-year capital plans.
Earlier in his career, Martin’s additional experience includes:
CITGO CORPORATION – 85 MBPD, Paulsboro, NJ – Manager of Projects, Maintenance, Turnarounds /
Manager of Operations / CITGO Corporate Leader on multiple national Due Diligence Refinery Facility
COASTAL CORPORATION – 160 MBPD, Westville, NJ – Corporate El-Paso/Coastal Merger Alliance Team
Director / Technical / Projects / Maintenance / Reliability Manager
CITGO PETROLEUM CORPORATION – 430 MBPD, Lake Charles, LA – Project Manager
Martin is on the following organizations:
- National Society of Professional Engineers National Society of Professional Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Mr. Champagne received his Bachelor of Science (BS), Mechanical Engineering, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA.