Michael Little, PHM brings to Pilko 34 years of operational excellence with focus on HSSE. He has the ability to coach and develop a team of high performers to deliver results through others and has a proven track record of delivering year-on-year performance improvements for business stakeholders. He demonstrates ability to build relationships across different cultures and geographic boundaries and utilizes commercial-minded approach when engaging with stakeholders. Michael employs pragmatic solutions by keeping the end in mind during strategy planning.
Previous to Pilko, Michael held the position of Road Safety Manager – Americas, Shell Oil Products US where he:
- Managed a team of three (3) Road Safety Professionals, one in Canada and USA and one in Argentina
- Successfully reduced major motor vehicle accidents by 77% in North America and 50% in Latin America over a four-year period
- Developed and implemented a streamlined Global Green-banding Process and Repository to drive consistency, visibility and improvement in contractor management amongst all classes of business in Downstream
- Provided USDOT and Canadian regulatory support for 230 Proprietary Commercial Fleet Drivers and supported over 2,000 employees driving light vehicles. Programs involved annual defensive driving training, remote observations, driver ride-alongs, and IVMS monitoring
- Led 3rd-Party Carrier Audits and pre-qualification process for Downstream
- Conducted End-to-end supply chain risk assessments to ensure safe operations
- Led investigations of motor vehicle accidents, spills and injuries related to motor vehicle incidents for all LoB’s
Prior to that, Michael served as HSSE Coordinator, Shell Fast Lubes at Shell Oil where he was Responsible for HSSE compliance for 154 company-owned Jiffy Lube sites in NE and Mid-Atlantic States and Retail Sales Consultant at Motiva Enterprises negotiating franchise agreements with retailers for the Texaco and Shell branded gasoline stations in South Jersey and Pennsylvania along with other job responsibilities.
Earlier in his career, Michael served as Coordinator Safety, Training and Emergency Response and Engineer – EH&S at Star Enterprise. He was also Regional Sales Manager at National Freight, Inc.
Michael received his M.S. Environmental Management from the University of Maryland and his B.S. Business Administration, Marketing from Towson University.