Abdullah Al Qahtani
Abdullah Al Qahtani has 37 years of experience in the oil, gas and petrochemical businesses consisting of 27 years with Saudi Aramco and 10 years with Petro Rabigh. During this tenor, work and technical experience was developed in industrial plant maintenance, operations, engineering, projects, HS&E and Security. Abdullah led and participated in several value-add initiatives ranging from simplified effective work processes & development of KPIs, enhancement of facility reliability, workforce talent development to maximize profits and sustain business growth.
Abdullah was most recently Vice President HSE & Security at Petro Rabigh where he:
- Aligned company practices and regulations with World Bank, national and international standards along with the Saudi High Commission of Industrial Security (HCIS) regulation.
- Developed 60 automated work processes to sustain company’s development and growth in the field of HSE&S.
- Developed pool of company talent to meet business challenges pertaining to HSE&S.
- Successfully achieved corporate targets set for environmental, safety and security indices.
Prior to that, Abdullah was Vice President Engineering & Support at Petro Rabigh, where he:
- Reviewed and enhanced company practices to support operating facilities in a reliable, sustainable and economically efficient manner.
- Enhanced functionality and effectiveness of the Process Engineering, Inspection programs, Laboratories, Projects, Technical Engineering & IT teams which reported to the office of the VP of Engineering and Support.
Earlier, Abdullah was appointed as the Maintenance Manager from the time Petro Rabigh was formed as a company. He worked with company leadership to establish company strategies, HR strategies, company logistics, reliability programs and other company requirements such as spare parts inventory and mechanical shop services. He also filled the role of Superintendent, Engineering / Operation / Maintenance at the Rabigh Refinery. Abdullah began his professional career as Hands on Engineer / Supervisor, Technical – Projects at Yanbu area-Saudi Aramco.
Abdullah received his B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and resides in Saudi Arabia.