Dr. Nawal Sharma
Dr. Nawal Sharma brings 26 years’ experience to Pilko & Associates. Dr. Sharma’s work experience includes: Chief Technology Officer at PFP Industries; Vice President – Product Development and General Manager at Bay City Site Chemicals Inc.; Director – R and D at Dixie Chemical Co.; Sr. Scientist/Technical Leader at The Dow Chemical Company; Sr. Scientist at Rohm and Haas; Principal Scientist, R and D and Industrialization at PPG Industries; Assistant Professor and Research Instructor at University of Pittsburgh; Institute Scientist and Research Associate at University of Pittsburgh; and Sr. Research Scientist at Polytechnic Institute of New York University (Poly-NYU).
Dr. Sharma is a highly experienced, versatile, entrepreneurial, collaborative R&D and Manufacturing/ Operations technical Leader who drives business growth through innovation. He has extensive experience in creating and executing new and cost-effective technology initiatives aligned with business goals over a diverse portfolio, with research activities encompassing process, product, application development, safe, and reliable operations. Dr. Sharma drives technology improvements by strong leadership in competitive analysis recognized as a subject matter expert and consultant across multiple businesses, supporting multiple project teams – both commercial and operations sides, and exports process engineering and chemical technology/techniques to other businesses.
Dr. Sharma progressively advanced into senior leadership positions with increasing responsibility, technical credibility, visibility, accountability, and value impact for global chemical technology and Manufacturing solutions. Through organizational redesigns, Dr. Sharma created and led Manufacturing R&D organization that supports sales, product development, technical/customer services, and growth. He is a technical executive with passion who drives innovation and operational excellence.
Dr. Sharma’s Areas of expertise include:
- Chemical Technology and Manufacturing: R & D Technology development, Industrialization, Toll- Manufacturing, Scale-up, Technology Transfer to Pilot and Manufacturing Scale, built, and operated equipment to model unit operations
- Champion in new technologies for new products and processes developments
- Business Development: Sales and marketing, development of new markets, gaining market share
- Financial management: Financial planning, EBIT, EBITDA, NPV, CAPEX, cost management, P & L and profit optimization
- Operations: Cost reduction, Cycle time reduction, troubleshooting and reliability improvements for manufacturing via innovation, problem solving, turnaround planning and operational excellence
- QA/QC Management: Testing of raw materials, monomers, inhibitors, catalysts, development of test methods, SOPs analyzed/reviewed and interpreted results and provided assessment, Expertise in SAP
- Toll Manufacturing of diverse classes of products, Technical resource and focal point for external manufacturing. Designed, built, and operated equipment to model unit operations
- EHS, Product stewardship: Best in class EHS and Process safety performance, PHA and PSM
- Practiced Six Sigma methodology in manufacturing and R & D problem solving, Stage gate process, KPI’s, GLP and cGMP
- Regulatory SME: Technology consultant for REACH, TSCA, FDA, FCN, TGA compliance
- Leadership, project management, team building, and experienced in supervising team of scientists, chemists and engineers
- Consultant & technical resource for business/marketing, mergers and acquisitions (M & A) integration
Dr. Sharma received his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry and M.Phil. in Synthetic Organic and Heterocyclic Chemistry from University of Delhi. He is based in Houston, Texas.