Steve Mason brings to Pilko 30+ years of Operations experience in the energy and chemical industries. Steve has a passion for both process and occupational safety and challenges for improvements from the leadership to the front line. He has also been an active leader in the industry process safety initiatives. In addition, he has a practical approach to developing management systems that are understood and valued at all levels of the organization and, most importantly – deliver results!
Steve spent much of his career in Operational Excellence at LyondellBasell. There he led the North America OE group responsible for supporting and developing the global Operational Excellence Management System, including corporate standards and related auditing and learning activities to drive improved performance. His main specialization was Process and Occupational Safety, Operating Discipline, and Leadership Competency. He established a global Operating Practices Network and coordinated capital spending of global HSE programs affecting occupational, process safety, and mechanical integrity.
Since that role Steve has focused on Operational and Project management and advising opportunities driving integration and transformation to improve effectiveness in refining, chemical, and pipeline organizations. This work includes:
- Operations and Maintenance line leadership development, mentoring and coaching.
- Corporate Management System development and upgrades.
- Maintenance and Operations integration and optimization to address reliability and efficiency improvements.
- Control system implementation, upgrades and cyber hardening oversight.
- Project support for integration operations and pipeline systems (DOT PHMSA Compliance, control systems, procedures, and training).
Steve received his BS Chemical Engineering from Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge, LA.