Steve Skarke joins Pilko with 40 years of engineering and chemical manufacturing experience. He is currently a Professor at The University of Texas at San Antonio where he supports the Chemical Engineering program and College of Engineering in teaching process safety and facilitating student leadership development programs.
Steve Is Chairman of the Board of the Kaneka Foundation, which he founded in 2014 to provide structure and governance to all of the philanthropic activities of Kaneka Americas Holding, Inc. in North America.
Steve currently advises the President of Kaneka Americas Holding Inc. by providing support in capital investment analysis, project management, manufacturing oversight, M&A due diligence, governance of ESG activities and leadership development.
Previously, Steve was Executive Vice President at Kaneka North America where he held a variety of positions of increasing responsibility in the manufacturing of specialty polymers. He was Site Manager and EVP of the main site in Pasadena, Texas responsible for all aspects of plant operations.
Steve received his BS, Chemicals Engineering from Texas A&M University; MS, Industrial Engineering (Engineering Management) from the University of Houston; and Executive Leadership Certificate from Rice University.
Current and Past Affiliations include:
- Bay Area Houston Economic Partnership – Board of Directors
- East Harris County Manufacturers Association – Board of Directors
- Texas Chemical Council – Board of Directors
- AICHE – Senior Member
- LaPorte Education Foundation – Board of Directors, President
- LaPorte Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors
- Armand Bayou Nature Center – Board of Directors
- Texas A&M University – Chemical Engineering Industry Advisory Council