Tim Rowe brings to Pilko over 30 years’ experience in the chemical industry. He is an engineering and maintenance management professional with expertise in large capital project management, as well as asset and turnaround program management. He also brings with him international experience in these fields, working with culturally diverse teams.
Tim retired from BASF in 2022, after a 32-year career, serving in various leadership roles at both a corporate and site level. These roles included: Vice President Technical Site Services Freeport Texas, Vice President Corporate Engineering Services for North America, Turnaround & Construction Director for North America; Technical Services Director Port Arthur Steam Cracker and C4 Complex; Director of Infrastructure Maintenance & Capital Freeport Texas; and Site Technical Services General Manager Kuantan Malaysia. Highlights of these roles include:
- Responsible for driving a zero-incident mindset in planning and field execution of maintenance and construction work.
- Fostered numerous maintenance and reliability continuous improvement initiatives which focused on maintenance program modernization, maintenance efficiency improvements, and increased asset reliability.
- Supported the introduction of Industry 4.0 (electronic tablets, “Digital Plant”, and “Big Data” predictive modelling).
- Global steering team member responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of global turnaround management procedures and the adoption of a globally standardized planning tool for BASF worldwide.
- Oversaw the further implementation and development of Advanced Process Controls in the process units, including the development and installation of a plant training simulator for operators, and a real time optimization model.
- Brought in engineering and maintenance best practices and tools from BASF North America to build a world class technical services organization in Kuantan Malaysia.
When Tim first joined BASF starting in 1990, he began developing his core technical know-how from working front line roles in engineering and maintenance functions, including Maintenance Engineer, Project Engineer, Turnaround Coordinator, and Design Group Manager. In these roles he gained valuable hands-on experience which greatly benefited him in his later leadership roles.
Tim Rowe, a native of Nebraska, earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln.