Tommy Weatherly comes to Pilko with 49 years of industry experience beginning in olefins plants as an operator and subsequently promoted within the Shell system to multiple management assignments worldwide creating value through his operational and technical expertise, problem solving and improving the safety and efficiency of plant operations. Tommy’s assignments include the following:
- Supervisor of operations and maintenance olefins, solvents and distribution, new BPA-4 project through startup, improving operations and successful startup of the new facility with prototype technology.
- Supervisor of maintenance olefins where furnace downtime and cost were significantly reduced.
- Corporate role to define, participate in the development the standard and implement ESP (ensure safe production) work process at all Shell Chemical sites globally.
- Manager positions for the startup of an ethylene cracker at Deer Park, Deer Park Olefins/Heavy Olefins/Aromatics complex at Deer Park and the ECC (Ethylene Cracker Complex) in Singapore
- Participated in the startup of the Port Arthur refinery expansion and advised on the Singapore Bukom site organization restructure and work processes implementation.
- Represented Shell as an active member of the AIChE ethylene producers conference operations sub-committee for several years.