William (Bill) Davies
William (Bill) Davies has 30+ years’ experience in the petrochemical industry. He has work responsibilities in manufacturing/operations, reliability, project management, materials fabrication and design.
Before joining Pilko, Bill was Project Manager at Davies & Sons, LLC in Metairie, Louisiana where he:
- Managed and provided technical direction for projects including the preparation of proposals and budgets for commercial RFQ’s for:
- Execution of FCC CO Boiler replacement
- Execution of Coker slide valve installation
- Execution of API 653 tank inspection and repairs
- FEL 2 Reformer heater replacement
- FEL 3 wastewater upgrade for sumps and API separator installation
Prior to that, he was Director of Engineering Co-owner at Engineering & Inspection Services (EIS). There, he managed and provided technical direction to engineers at the EIS office including:
- Review hydraulic calculations for piping design
- Review calculations for structural designs utilizing AISC
- Review pipe stress analysis for piping in sustained and expansion cases making sure compliance with ASME 31.3
- Review finite element models to ensure accuracy for stress fields utilizing stress values from ASME Section II part D and allowable stress per ASME Section VIII Div.1 and Div. 2
- Review structural computer models for accuracy with input and results in accordance with wind and seismic loads per ASCE-7
- Perform engineering review of outgoing design packages for completeness and accuracy meeting specifications for design conditions.
Earlier in his career, Bill held the following positions:
- Reliability Engineering Supervisor at Orion Refining Corporation – Norco, LA
- Several engineering positions at Mobil Oil Corporation – Chalmette, LA
- Materials Engineer at Pratt & Whitney Aircraft – West Palm Beach, FL.
Bill and his wife have two children and two grandchildren who keep him young! He enjoys surfing, fishing and a bad round of golf!
Bill received his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Louisiana State University and is a Registered Professional Engineer.